Recipe by linguinelisa
We call this Basset Hound Cheesecake because the lady we got it from raised bassets. It's delicious!
Top Review by diner524
Great cheesecake!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and realized I didn't put in all the sugar that I should have in the scaled back version, so it wasn't very sweet, but that was my fault, but it still was very good. The one thing I added was some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the cheesecake filling, yummy!! Then when serving, I added a sliced fresh strawberry! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats again!!
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, nuts and melted butter together and press in 10-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese, eggs, 1 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Pour over crust. bake 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar. Smooth over baked cake. Bake until light brown, about 10 minutes.
- You can top this cheesecake with a can of cherry or blueberry pie filling if you like, but I prefer it plain.