Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We call this Basset Hound Cheesecake because the lady we got it from raised bassets. It's delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, nuts and melted butter together and press in 10-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese, eggs, 1 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Pour over crust. bake 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar. Smooth over baked cake. Bake until light brown, about 10 minutes.
- You can top this cheesecake with a can of cherry or blueberry pie filling if you like, but I prefer it plain.
Great cheesecake!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and realized I didn't put in all the sugar that I should have in the scaled back version, so it wasn't very sweet, but that was my fault, but it still was very good. The one thing I added was some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the cheesecake filling, yummy!! Then when serving, I added a sliced fresh strawberry! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats again!!
At first I was a little skeptical... I don't generally like nuts in cheesecake. But it turned out delicious! It was so fabulous I'll have to make it for my boyfriend sometime (he is the ultimate cheesecake critic). Thanks for sharing!