Recipe by Chuck in Killbuck
Here's and old recipe I've used often and is pretty tasty. Fresh Bass fillets are baked seasoned with lemon and thyme. When using a hot oven and short cook time, you avoid over cooking the fish.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Quick, easy and very tasty; great way to serve fresh bass fillets. A neighbor gave us a lot of these fillets and I'd never made them before so started searching Zaar and so glad I found this one - I always worry about over cooking fish and followed this recipe exactly including cook times and it came out perfect. Served with garden fresh tomatoes salad and corn and it made a wonderful dinner. Thanks Chuck for a very nice recipe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs largemouth bass fillets
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle filliets with salt, lemon juice and thyme.
- Place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx.
- 8 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover and glaze with a mixture of sour cream, mustard, green onion and pimiento.
- Return to oven for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Serve on platter.