Recipe by graffeetee
Spicy potatoes. You can do these in the oven if you like, but I find the stovetop to be easier when I have a limited amount of time and/or energy. When I'm feeling especially lazy, I sub out a premixed creole seasoning for the seasonings. Always add the fresh garlic though.
- 1 lb new potato, scrubbed but not peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in the evoo in a skillet.
- Add potatoes and roll around to coat with the oil/butter.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings except for the garlic.
- Cover and saute, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are done. This should be about 30-40 minutes.
- Shortly before the potatoes are done, add the garlic to the skillet and stir to combine.