Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy potatoes. You can do these in the oven if you like, but I find the stovetop to be easier when I have a limited amount of time and/or energy. When I'm feeling especially lazy, I sub out a premixed creole seasoning for the seasonings. Always add the fresh garlic though.
- 1 lb new potato, scrubbed but not peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in the evoo in a skillet.
- Add potatoes and roll around to coat with the oil/butter.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings except for the garlic.
- Cover and saute, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are done. This should be about 30-40 minutes.
- Shortly before the potatoes are done, add the garlic to the skillet and stir to combine.
Great potatoes, the smoked paprika really makes it. I used fresh thyme, skipped the butter and used lots more garlic.
This made a nice side dish with our grilled salmon. I increased the garlic and would probable add more seasoning over all except for the paprika because I don't really care for it, other wise a very good dish.
This is really a great combination of flavours. I added a second large garlic clove, because I really wanted the garlic flavour to come out, and it did wonderfully.