1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Everyone makes thier Paella a little bit different - this is my version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/3 cup cooking sherry
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup Spanish olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1/2 inch long strips
- 2 cups clam broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb tomato, ripe, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 dozen clam
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1Place chicken breasts, skin side up, in greased 13x9x2” baking pan.
- 2Season with salt and pepper. Brush with melted butter.
- 3Sprinkle with coriander, cover with foil and bake at 350*F for 40 minutes.
- 4Uncover; sprinkle with sherry and bake 20 minutes longer, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- 5Cook garlic, onion, and rice in hot olive oil in large skillet until golden.
- 6Add green pepper, broth, tomatoes, salt and sugar. Cover and simmer gently for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 7Stir in chicken, shrimp, clams, cayenne, and olives. Cover and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until clams pop open and liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basque Style Paella
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.8
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 271.5 mg
- Sodium 808.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 64.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives