Recipe by lazyme
This is a simple weeknight dinner from Hunt's.
Top Review by Chocolatl
I used bone-in chicken breasts cut in half, so mine did take a bit longer to cook I followed the advice of another poster and added some garlic and thyme. This is beautiful, flavorful and easy--who could ask for more? Thanks for posting! Made for the Lively Lemon Lovelies, ZWT8, Pick a Pepper Challenge.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat 10 minutes or until light brown, turning to brown evenly.
- Remove chicken.
- Add mushrooms, sweet peppers and onion to skillet.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, wine, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 25 - 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Cover; keep warm.
- Skim any fat from vegetable mixture.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Stir in peas.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Spoon over chicken and rice.