1/7 Photos of Basque-Style Chicken
This is a simple weeknight dinner from Hunt's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- 1In 12-inch skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat 10 minutes or until light brown, turning to brown evenly.
- 2Remove chicken.
- 3Add mushrooms, sweet peppers and onion to skillet.
- 4Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in undrained tomatoes, wine, salt, and pepper.
- 6Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 7Return chicken to skillet.
- 8If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
- 9Simmer, covered, 25 - 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- 10Transfer chicken to platter.
- 11Cover; keep warm.
- 12Skim any fat from vegetable mixture.
- 13Combine water and cornstarch; stir into vegetable mixture.
- 14Stir in peas.
- 15Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 16Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- 17Spoon over chicken and rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basque-Style Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 185.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper