Recipe by littlebasque
I found this recipe in some of my Basque recipes. It goes good with almost any kind of dinner.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans or 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb frozen green beans
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 -4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp; remove from skillet. Add onion and garlic to o1 tablespoon bacon drippings. Cook until tender on low heat.
- In a saucepan, combined tomato sauce, onion, garlic, and bacon; bring to a boil. Add drained string beans and simmer for about 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- If using fresh or frozen beans, cook until tender.