This is one of my adopted recipes. It looks like a dish my family and I would enjoy, so I hope to make it and edit it in the future.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 8-inch skillet coo bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 2 T of drippings.
- 2Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 3In same skillet combine reserved drippings, peeled, thinly sliced potatoes, onion, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper.
- 4Cover tightly; cook over low heat til potatoes are barely tender, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring carefully once or twice.
- 5In small bowl beat together eggs and milk; pour over potato mixture.
- 6Cover and continue cooking over very low heat til egg is set in center, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7With a wide spatula, loosen sides and bottom and slide potatoes out onto serving plate, or serve from skillet.
- 8Sprinkle crumbled bacon atop.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basque Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.4 mg
- Sodium 583.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g