Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. It looks like a dish my family and I would enjoy, so I hope to make it and edit it in the future.
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 teaspoons green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 large eggs
- In 8-inch skillet coo bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 2 T of drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In same skillet combine reserved drippings, peeled, thinly sliced potatoes, onion, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Cover tightly; cook over low heat til potatoes are barely tender, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring carefully once or twice.
- In small bowl beat together eggs and milk; pour over potato mixture.
- Cover and continue cooking over very low heat til egg is set in center, 8 to 10 minutes.
- With a wide spatula, loosen sides and bottom and slide potatoes out onto serving plate, or serve from skillet.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon atop.
- Serve hot.