When I lived in Elko, Nevada, I dined at the local Basque houses quite regularly. The meals are served "family style" and every meal begins with soda bread, cabbage soup, and a green salad. I got this recipe from a former co-worker who use to work at one of the Basque houses, so it's a pretty authentic recipe. It is simple, but has a lot of flavor, especially if you like garlic! This salad is best served with chicken or steak.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Lightly drizzle the dressing over fresh salad greens and toss until evenly coated.
- It is a very strong and flavorful dressing, so you may want to play around with the amount of dressing you add to suit your personal taste.
- Caution: Do not mix the salad dressing with the salad greens until you are ready to eat or the greens will wilt.