Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I lived in Elko, Nevada, I dined at the local Basque houses quite regularly. The meals are served "family style" and every meal begins with soda bread, cabbage soup, and a green salad. I got this recipe from a former co-worker who use to work at one of the Basque houses, so it's a pretty authentic recipe. It is simple, but has a lot of flavor, especially if you like garlic! This salad is best served with chicken or steak.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Lightly drizzle the dressing over fresh salad greens and toss until evenly coated.
- It is a very strong and flavorful dressing, so you may want to play around with the amount of dressing you add to suit your personal taste.
- Caution: Do not mix the salad dressing with the salad greens until you are ready to eat or the greens will wilt.
This is for garlic lovers! I used this as a dressing the first meal and then as a veggie dip the next day. This was very good, thanks.
I am from Elko and have looked for years for the Star Dinner House salad dressing recipe. I knew as soon as I smelled the dressing this was the one. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. My search is over.
I have lived in Elko over 10 yrs. I have always wanted to find out the recipe to the basque salad dressing and this is it! Thanks so much for sharing. It is amazing! Now if you can find The Stars brown bean recipe and share it my husband would be over the moon:)