Recipe by Domesticated Drea
This recipe is adapted from a recipe designed for restaurant use in a local Basque restaurant.
- 3⁄4 liter whole milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄3 cup medium grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- cinnamon, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Add milk, rice, and cinnamon sticks into a thick bottomed pan that has a capacity of at least 1.5 liters of liquid. It is important that the pan is thick bottomed because otherwise the rice will burn.
- Place on medium-high heat and bring to boil, stirring every 3-5 minutes.
- Allow mixture to boil as high as possible, without boiling over, then turn down heat to medium, continuing to stir.
- Stir every 5 minutes. After 45 minutes, add sugar. Continue boiling and stirring for 15-20 minutes, until desired thickness.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with cinnamon powder.