Recipe by Bergy
I have never tried this recipe in a slow cooker but I think it could easily be adapted . Cook the shanks on low all day, have the beans prepared and finish the last steps before serving. Great taste, don't be scared of the 12 cloves of garlic.
- 4 lamb shanks
- 10 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, button sized
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 cup navy beans, cooked with garlic below
- 4 cloves garlic (use canned and bring to a boil with the garlic)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the shanks in a Dutch oven in 2 tbsp oil, remove shanks.
- Add 4 cloves of garlic and the mushrooms, brown well.
- Return shanks to the pot, add wine and the broth.
- Cook covered, in a 350F oven for about 2 hours (add more broth if needed) until the meat falls off the bone.
- Meanwhile prepare your beans, if starting from scratch boil the beans with 4 cloves of garlic until they are tender, if using canned bring them to a boil with the garlic and let them steep.
- Remove the garlic from the beans.
- Remove bones from the shanks.
- Add beans to the meat and heat through.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce combining 4 cloves of minced garlic,salad oil, parsley and vineger, You may warm the sauce or have it at room temp.
- Serve the sauce on the side.