1/3 Photos of Basque Eggs With Ham, Asparagus and Peas
from a lovely little website sharing traditional Spanish recipes! posted for ZWT8. The eggs can be fried separately and then placed on top of the peas and ham before serving to cut down on cooking time Serve with chunks of warm bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely slice the garlic cloves and fry in 2 tbsp olive oil in a strong earthenware casserole dish.
- 2Cut the ham into cubes and add to the casserole dish - sauté for 5 mins over a low heat.
- 3Wash the asparagus pieces and remove any rough ends leaving only the tender shoots - cut these into pieces about 3 cms long and add to the casserole dish - sauté for a further 5 mins - season with salt.
- 4Add the peas to the casserole dish cover with a little water and simmer until the peas are almost cooked (5 mins or a little longer if using frozen peas).
- 5Finally break the eggs whole into the casserole dish and leave over the heat until the eggs are cooked.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basque Eggs With Ham, Asparagus and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: