Recipe by Mercy
I found this web on the net recently (I was on a Basque kick). I have not tried it out yet, but I am sucker for anything with lentils.
Top Review by maria908
This was so disappointing! It's an easy-to-make hearty, nutritious soup, but it was VERY BLAND. Added salt, pepper, and garlic powder, but even that didn't enhance it enough to ever bother making again.
- 1 lb lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lentils in a large soup pot.
- Add enough cold water to cover them by 3 inches.
- Bring the lentils and water to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to low, and add the whole sausages and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Cook the lentils for about 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onions and green and red peppers, and cook for about 20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Cut each chorizo in half, and serve 1 piece to a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt, and serve.