1/2 Photos of Basque Chorizo and Lentil Soup
1 hr 20 mins
I found this web on the net recently (I was on a Basque kick). I have not tried it out yet, but I am sucker for anything with lentils.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the lentils in a large soup pot.
- 2Add enough cold water to cover them by 3 inches.
- 3Bring the lentils and water to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to low, and add the whole sausages and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 4Cook the lentils for about 45 minutes.
- 5Add the potatoes, carrots, onions and green and red peppers, and cook for about 20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- 6Cut each chorizo in half, and serve 1 piece to a bowl.
- 7Season to taste with salt, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basque Chorizo and Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.2
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 489.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.1 g