Recipe by Swiss Miss
This was my dinner tonight and i really loved the taste of the chicken and the rice. It is kind of a paella casserole
Top Review by JustJanS
I can't begin to tell you how good this was Swiss Miss. I made it for our dinner tonight with two chicken legs which I cut into thigh and drumstick. I made the full recipe other than that as I plan to take the leftover rice base to work tomorrow. The only changes I made to your recipe were to sub half the chicken stock with wine and add a pinch of saffron along with the chorizo etc. I can't believe this fantastic recipe hasn't been made before in 4 years!
- 1 1⁄3 kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1 green pepper, slit
- 1 red pepper, slit
- 1 garlic, pressed
- 150 g chorizo sausage, slit
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 200 g long grain rice
- 450 ml chicken broth
- 120 g ham, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a freezer bag, add chicken, close bag and shake.
- Heat oil in stewpot or big skillet, stir-fry chicken for about 15 minutes on both sides. Remove from pan and put it on a plate.
- Add red and green pepper as well as onion and steam the veggies for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, chorizo and tomato puree and stew for another 3 minutes. Add the rice until it is
- Stir in chicken broth, chillies, thyme, salt and pepper and bring it to broil. Cover the stewpot ant let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add ham, olives and the parsley, let it simmer another 5 minutes.