Recipe by chefamy
I saw this as a Margaret Fulton recipe in a magazine but it wasn't quite what i wanted to make for my mothers day dinner so after looking at the recipes on zaar i've come up with my own version! Enjoy this served with mashed potato, green beans and baby carrots -
- 500 g chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 slices middle bacon
- 2 red capsicums
- 400 g canned tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 large fresh thyme sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into large pieces - i cut each one into 2-3 pieces
- Dice the bacon and capsicum into large chunks aswell.
- Heat the oil in a medium size casserole dish and brown chicken in batches so that you don't overcrowd the dish.
- Remove the chicken and add the garlic, bacon and capsicum to the remaining oil and fry until the capsicum starts to smell a little smokey/roasted
- Add the white wine and fresh thyme and make sure you scrape your spoon around the dish to bring up as much of the crispy bits on the bottom as you can.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the chicken back to the tomato mixture and stir well.
- Turn the heat down to low and cover - let the casserole simmer for around 1hr or you could alternatively put this into a low oven if you have time.