1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sour cherry preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
- 2Gradually beat in the sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Beat in the vanilla extract.
- 5Sift the cake flour, salt, and baking powder together and use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into this butter mixture until a soft dough form and no white streaks of flour remain.
- 6Spread half the batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 7Stir the.
- 8almond extract, if using, into the cherry preserves.
- 9Spoon the cherry preserves over the batter, spreading it within 2 inches of the border.
- 10Drop the remaining batter by large spoonfuls over the preserves.
- 11Spread the batter carefully over the jam to the edge of the pan.
- 12Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if using.
- 13Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a bamboo skewer inserted into the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- 14Let cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- 15Unmold the cake and dust with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basque Cake
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.6
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 187.0 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 53.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g