1/1 Photo of Basmati Rice With Potato Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse then soak rice for 10 minutes to 30 depending on quality.
- 2Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Stir in the drained soaked rice and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Bring water and stock if using to a boil add sea salt to taste add rice, bring back to a boil and boil exactly 8 minutes, drain.
- 5Melt 1/4 cup butter and toss in the sliced potatoes and sea salt to taste.
- 6In a heavy-bottomed pot with a tight-fitting cover, and low rim, arrange the potato slices, overlapping in 2 layers covering the bottom of the pot (using all of the butter they were tossed in).
- 7Sprinkle with the garlic.
- 8Evenly spoon the half-cooked rice on top of the potatoes and garlic, and spoon the remaining melted butter over the rice.
- 9Cover the pot and cook over medium low heat or to brown potatoes slightly, then turn heat down and cook for 40 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- 10Removing properly can come with practice but it helps to dip the pot in cold water for 30 seconds making sure not to get water in the pot! Then flip --.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basmati Rice With Potato Crust
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.9
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 289.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g