Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Basmati rice has a fragrant aroma, nutlike flavor, and a firm consistency.
Make and share this Basmati Rice With Nuts and Spices recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the nuts and rice; stir to coat.
- Add in the broth and spices; bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add in parsley, lemon juice, raisins, and salt/pepper to taste; fluff with a fork.