Prep 5 mins
Cook 43 mins
Wonderful side dish from Rice Cooker Cookbook.
Make and share this Basmati Rice With Corn and Peas (Rice Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup English pea (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen-thawed)
- Place rice in a fine strainer or bowl, rinse with cold water twice, and drain twice.
- Coat the rice cooker with non-stick spray or a film of vegetable oil.
- Place rice in the rice bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir just to combine.
- Cover and set to regular cycle.
- When the machine switches to the Keep Warm cycle, let the rice steam for 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with wooden or plastic rice paddle or wooden spoon.
- This rice will hold on Keep Warm for up to 1 hour.
- Serve hot.
it has no flavor at all...
I can't live without my rice cooker, this recipe was very easy to make and had good directions. I used can peas and corn kernel but I found the paprika sticked on the bottom of the rice cooker. Thank you Bev