Recipe by - Carla -
This is a recipe that's delicious and will go well with your favorite curry.
Top Review by FoxMD
I have NEVER been able to make rice for some reason...too sticky, too hard...This rice turns out perfectly for me everytime!! Who knew it was that simple? Truly delicious...Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium stove-to-oven pot melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and garam masala and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring until onions are softened.
- Add rice and stir until well coated.
- Add vegetable stock, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake in the oven until the rice is tender and the stock is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes before serving.