Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe that's delicious and will go well with your favorite curry.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium stove-to-oven pot melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and garam masala and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring until onions are softened.
- Add rice and stir until well coated.
- Add vegetable stock, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake in the oven until the rice is tender and the stock is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes before serving.
I have NEVER been able to make rice for some reason...too sticky, too hard...This rice turns out perfectly for me everytime!! Who knew it was that simple? Truly delicious...Thanks for sharing!
First time I have ever made basmati like this anbd it is perfect for making a large quantity. Great taste, just like restaurant rice. Loved it. Notes-- I used much less butter, and only 51% fat butter at that and it was still excellent. Otherwise, made exactly as written.
I LOVE rice and this is an excellent version to make. Yummo!