1/1 Photo of Basmati Rice Pilaf With Zucchini, Roasted Red Peppers & Par
This is the perfect summer accompaniment to grilled meats. Very colourful and full of flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 -5 basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 2Place the zucchini cubes on a baking sheet with sides and toss with 1 TBs of the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring periodically so it browns evenly, until it is tender and golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- 3Melt the butter and the remaining 1 TBS olive oil together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes until soft. Add the rice and continue to cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes, ujtil the rice slides around easily in the pan. Stir in the broth, 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and bring to a low boil ove medium high heat. Reduce the heat tolow, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until fluffy and the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- 4Remove the rice from the heat, add the roasted peppers, roasted zucchini, parsley, and basil. Stir gently to combine. Season to taste if required. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basmati Rice Pilaf With Zucchini, Roasted Red Peppers & Par
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 1656.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 10.3 g