- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted and chopped
- 6 lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook garlic in oil in a medium saucepan for 30 seconds. Add the rice, water and bouillon granules; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add lemon zest, mushrooms, green onions, red peppers salt and pepper. Cover and continue cooking 10 minutes or til liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in toasted pecans.
- Garnish with lemon slices.