Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine. It's simple to prepare, and my family ate it up!
- 24.64 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml chopped sweet onion
- 473.18 ml uncooked basmati rice
- 177.44 ml uncooked vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 709.77 ml reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add basmati rice and pasta; cook 2 minutes or until rice is opaque, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken broth, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 15 minutes. Uncover, stir in parsley and green onions.