Recipe by agileangus
I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine. It's simple to prepare, and my family ate it up!
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add basmati rice and pasta; cook 2 minutes or until rice is opaque, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken broth, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 15 minutes. Uncover, stir in parsley and green onions.