Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked according to package instructions (white or brown)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced, drained
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, rehydrated andchopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- Cook rice.
- Put cooked basmati into large mixing bowl.
- Toss hot rice with remaining ingredients using wooden spoons to avoid breaking grains. Serve immediately.
Simple to make and simply delicious! I followed the recipe exactly except for using sun-dried tomato pesto and omitting the olive oil. I thought 1T. dried basil would be too much but it wasn't. Perfect.
I really liked this dish but I changed things and may have messed it up. I realized (after I'd diced all the ingredients) that I didn't have enough Basmati for the recipe. I subbed long grain white rice and the end result was a bit dry and not super flavorful. I added a lot of extra sun dried tomatoes and tripled the garlic and the end result was nice and cheesy. Good flavor...maybe it would be perfect if I hadn't altered the rice, but nonetheless, the finished product was great! I'll add stars to my review when I do it exactly as stated.