Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe...will try soon!:)
- Pick the rice over and put in a bowl.
- Wash in several changes of water.
- Pour 3 times the water you have rice over the rice and let soak for 30 minutes hour.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Combine the rice, salt, butter and the water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat to very low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Lift the lid, mix gently but quickly with a fork and cover again.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until tender.
To me, basmati rice is the best. Instead of water I use chicken stock. It adds a little more flavor