1/4 Photos of Basler Rosti With Bacon and Onion
This yummy rosti version contains bacon and onions. Potatoes are best if cooked the day before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes, grate or cut into thin strips and mix with the salt.
- 2Cut onions into very fine onion rings.
- 3Melt the butter and lard (or oil) in a frying pan. Add the diced bacon, onions and potato and fry gently, stirring gently and frequently. If you want a slimmer version, you can pre-cook the bacon and this way omit the bacon fat.
- 4Bring together into a cake and cover with an upside-down plate. Fry over gentle heat for 20 minutes.
- 5Pour the milk over the top and fry, covered, for about another 10 minutes. Tip out onto the plate and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basler Rosti With Bacon and Onion
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 752.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g