Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This comes from a book called "Cooking in Switzerland" This is the traditional soup of the Basle carnival. It is served in the early morning hours after the "Morgenstraich" (the official opening of the Basle carnival) and again after everyone is tired and hungry from the "Gaessle" (when the small, masked groups parade through the streets of Basle).
- Melt the butter.
- Add 2 Tbsp flour and brown lightly, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining flour, stir in, and remove pan from heat.
- Pour in bouillon and stir well--be sure not to let it get lumpy!
- Simmer at low heat for a minimum of 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with grated cheese.
- Optional: top with onion rings, croutons, chopped parsley or chives, etc.
it was good thacks for the recipe