Recipe by Jenny White
I don't know why this is called Baskin Robbin's Pie but I do know that it is very YUMMY!
Top Review by Chihuahuamama1571
I inherited my Baskin Robbins Pie recipe from my dear grandmother 30 years ago. Hers is the same as this one but we use Nilla Wafers as the crust instead of a traditional pie crust. It is delicious and it saves so much time and money. Just put a layer of Nilla Wafers in the bottom and around the edges of your pan and add the filling. I promise you won't be disappointed.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, ground
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix, prepared according to package directions
- 2 cups milk (for the pudding)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Crust:.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix flour, margarine and pecans together and press into the bottom and up the sides of a deep dish pie pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool completely.
- For the filling:.
- Mix the sugar and cream cheese together until creamy.
- Reserve 1 cup of Cool Whip and fold the rest into the cream cheese mixture.
- Put this mixture into the pie crust and top with the prepared chocolate pudding.
- Top with reserved Cool Whip and sprinkle with pecans.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or over night.