Recipe by Munchkin Mama
Adapted from a blog on the internet. Named simply because they became famous with the players on a local basketball team.
Top Review by JennyMidget
Very easy, and make a great chunky cookie. I agree with the suggestion for crunchy peanut butter - benefited greatly from the extra texture. Easily adaptable for low-salt diets with salt-free baking powder, unsalted butter and no added salt peanut butter.
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy preferred)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly-packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together peanut butter, butter, white and brown sugar. If you don’t use crunchy peanut butter, I would suggest adding in salted peanuts when you mix in the chocolate chips.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine oats, flour and baking soda, and stir into peanut butter mixture.
- Add chocolate chips. If the dough is still really sticky, add in a little more flour.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown, do NOT overcook these.
- Cool on rack.