Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the only potato salad that St. Louis's Basket Case Deli serves.
Make and share this Basket Case Deli's Sweet Potato Sald recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 cups celery, finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (regular or reduced-fat)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pecans
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add diced sweet potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, onion and celery.
- In another bowl, stir together mayonnaise, honey and mustard. Stir into sweet potato mixture.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Just before serving, top salad with chopped pecans.
Great way to eat sweet potatoes! I really enjoyed the dressing and the red onion and celery. Thanks! Made for Diabetic tag.