Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple healthy side for 2. Add a little red pepper flakes to the oil as it heats to get this a kick. I also use Crookneck Squash in making this.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini or 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Stir fry the zucchini until it is just tender.
- Add the basil and garlic near the end of the cooking time.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
So easy, and a wonderful preparation for the zucchini. Perfect use for the garden's abundance of zucchini and basil - will be keeping this one handy throughout zucchini season. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
Quick and tasty this made a very good side dish to go with the bourbon chicken I made for dinner. The basil is a nice addition. Made for ZWT 9 Greece by one of the Appliance Killers. Thanks for sharing Charlotte!
Great side dish! I got to use the basil from my garden and the zucchini my neighbor gave me. Great combination of flavors! Will definitely do this easy dish again. Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"