- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and garlic, sir over a medium heat for about 2 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Stir in all the other ingredients-except the basil- bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Stir in the basil.
- Blend or process the mixture until smooth.
- Return to the pan and reheat.
- Serve topped with sour cream, paprika, and extra basil leaves if you wish.