Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice soup, lots of flavour and worth trying!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat the butter and oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and garlic, sir over a medium heat for about 2 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Stir in all the other ingredients-except the basil- bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Stir in the basil.
- Blend or process the mixture until smooth.
- Return to the pan and reheat.
- Serve topped with sour cream, paprika, and extra basil leaves if you wish.
This is definately not a heavy soup. It is very easy to make. The only changes I made was to add salt and pepper. My doggie even ate a bowl (don't ask) and she enjoyed it VERY much! Thanks!
I scaled this back for 2 using a 1/2 red onion, 1 very large zucchini and vegetable stock and made as per recipe until I got to the blending part - my stick blender went kapoot just as I started so served chunky with a dollop of sour cream and even with all that green showing the DM ate the lot and was looking for seconds - note next time make a full recipe. Thank you Jan, made for Make My Recipe.
I was surprised how much flavor there was in this soup. I enjoyed the chicken flavoring and hint of lemon. I added both the sour cream and paprika in my first bowl. I like it best without the sour cream. Leave out the butter and sour cream you have a GREAT low calorie soup. Don't forget to add the basil in at the end as it adds a nice touch of flavor. Made for *Recipe Swap No20 August 2008* game, from the Aussie Forum