Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
something different for a bbq
- 225 g low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all ingredients except the walnuts in a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Serve with raw vegetables for dipping. Any left overs are great in a sandwich the next day.
Definitely different.. .I think it was better right after it was made, but hubby and neighbor liked it better on day two. I admit to having used pecans instead of walnuts which worked great and I used balsamic vinegar in place of the wine. . .next time I will cut the amt of vinegar in half. I served this with carrots and crackers for a fun appy. . .thanks!