Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great dip to serve with slices of raw baby zucchini, carrots, celery or snack crackers.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or garlic from the jar)
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- Set out cream cheese until softened.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place walnuts in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until nuts are browned.
- (Stir them once or twice during baking) Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add and stir in the walnuts.
- Cover and chill for a couple of hours to blend flavors.
I made this to serve at a women's luncheon. I served it spread on cucumber slices. Wonderful flavor. The basil really makes this special. The walnuts add that heavenly crunch and flavor. There are so many things this will go well with. Thanks for a very versatile spread.
This spread made an excellent appetizer!! We did double the garlic, used it smashed. Served it in celery, cut into 1 inch lengths. The crunch of the celery went well with the crunch of walnuts, the choice of basil, lemon, walnuts and cream cheese was a great combination of flavours. Another time I think I would double the basil. Thanks for a keeper we will use again Barbara!!
Made this for a dinner gathering last night. It was pretty good. Very quick and easy to prepare. I did double the garlic. Next time I will add a bit more garlic and a bit less lemon rind. Also, I would let it soften up so that it is easier on the crackers.