Recipe by Aroostook
This is a great dip to serve with slices of raw baby zucchini, carrots, celery or snack crackers.
Top Review by PixieDust
I made this to serve at a women's luncheon. I served it spread on cucumber slices. Wonderful flavor. The basil really makes this special. The walnuts add that heavenly crunch and flavor. There are so many things this will go well with. Thanks for a very versatile spread.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or garlic from the jar)
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out cream cheese until softened.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place walnuts in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until nuts are browned.
- (Stir them once or twice during baking) Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add and stir in the walnuts.
- Cover and chill for a couple of hours to blend flavors.