Recipe by KGCOOK
A colorful side dish to add to your favorite meal. Seasonings can be substituted to compliment any dinner. Stove top or microwave. You may also change vegetables or simply add other vegetables.
Top Review by Chocolatl
I wanted to make these in the microwave, but there were no microwave instructions, so I had to improvise. I heated the onion in the oil for about 1 minute at full power (I assume the butter in step 3 refers to the olive oil). Then I added the other veg and seasoning, and cooked until they were done. Very nice; I would make these again. Thanks for posting!
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat and add seasonings.
- Add salt if desired.
- Slice onion thin and add to melted butter.
- Sauté onion for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice zucchini and squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Slice zucchini and squash about 1/4 inch thickness and add to onions.
- Sauté about 1-2 minutes.
- Core and chop tomatoes into bite size pieces.
- Add to vegetables about 5 minutes before serving but do not sauté them.