Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is good as an appetizer or for lunch. This will only work with fresh basil. Please do not try it with dried.
- Place crust in a 9" pie pan, flute edge and press bottom with a fork.
- Pre-bake according to directions.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges; drain on paper towels.
- Arrange tomato atop melted cheese in the pie shell.
- In a food processor bowl, combine basil and garlic.
- Process till coarsely chopped and sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Combine remaining mozzarella, mayonnaise, parmesan and pepper.
- Spoon over basil mixture, spreading evenly to cover the top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or till top is golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 8 appetizer or 4 main dish servings.
- Leftovers are even better.
- Serve at room temperature and DO NOT reheat.
thanks for this recipe-I had it and misplaced it. My family loves it- a great summer dinner.
I used a tablespoon of creamy garlic dip in lieu of the mayonnaise, and next time I'll omit it altogether. I also used a combination of shredded mexican blend and grated cheddar -- any melting cheese will work in this recipe. It's quite yummy!