Recipe by Chef Gorete
My daughter learned this recipe while taking cooking classes....I found the sauce very light and fragrant.
Top Review by CHEF GRPA
I think this dish has a lot of potential, and I'm sure I'll will be make it again. Before attempting this again, I'll have to figure out what seasonings to use, that will work for me, to make it more flavorful or lot better for me to do! Anyway, excellent to do a SCRATCH on recipes here. The more I play with my food, the more I love cooking, to make a recipe that will work for me, that is!! Than I can do my happy food dance!! I've will added this to my recipe book with my additions. Now I have two recipes. Your daughter learned this recipe while taking a cooking classes... Good for her and, I too found the sauce very light and fragrant.Thank YOU!! Grpa
- 3 (28 ounce) cans plum tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté until softened. Add smashed garlic and cook for about two minutes. Turn the heat down to medium low, and add the fresh and dry herbs. Cook for two or three minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and salt and simmer over low heat, stirring often (tomatoes can burn easily).
- When the sauce has reduced by a quarter, remove the pot from the heat and blend the sauce with an immersion blender until smooth. Add the sugar. Taste and adjust for salt if required.