Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add rice, tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- Toss. Serve chilled.
When it comes to rice I'm usually a Plain Jane but I decided to give this recipe a try since we are trying to eat a little healthier and I was getting tired of lettuce . Wow! This was so good my husband wants me to make this again for his lunch tomorrow. It was very easy and simple to do. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This is a wonderfully tangy refreshing salad. I've made it several times in the past two weeks and even given the recipe to my mother-in-law. My husband enjoys it too! Especially good with fresh garden tomatoes, basil and cucumbers!
This is an excellent rice dish. I had it for lunch with a bit of feta cheese on top. I prefer it served at room temperature rather than chilled, but either way it's very good. This is definitely a recipe worth trying. Thanks for sharing this keeper Fluffy.