Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nothing like home grown TOMATOES and BASIL! A refreshing summer salad!
- 709.77 ml sliced home grown tomatoes
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml whole leaves fresh basil
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 1 anchovy, diced finely (optional)
- 29.58 ml minced shallots
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 28.39-59.14 ml balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt and black pepper
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Layer on a platter the tomatoes,cheese, and basil.
- Pour dressing over the salad and serve.
Awsome!!! I have made something similar...but this has become my all time favorite!! The only thing I did different was that I added a pinch of sugar to the dressing and I coarsely cut the basil and sprinkled it over the dish. The anchovy is a must...you don't really taste it, but it blends in so nicely. I will do this recipe again and again
I loved the dressing. I normally make this for lunch with just oil & vinegar, so the extra ingredients made it very tasty!
A simple , refreshing and light salad which goes well with steak