Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Simple & Delicious
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- On four slices of bread, layer cheese and tomatoes; sprinkle with basil, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Top with remaining bread.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, parmesan cheese and garlic powder; brush over the outsides of each sandwich.
- On a griddle, cook sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.