Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from indobase.com. My husband cuts the cream cheese into big chunks and they just melt in your mouth. We eat this for dinner and breakfast!
- 12 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Add eggs, salt, pepper, sage, oregano, and thyme to medium bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Add butter to large oven proof skillet. Melt over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes to skillet, and sauté one minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Add fresh basil leaves and sauté until leaves are limp.
- Pour egg mixture over tomatoes.
- Top with cream cheese cubes.
- Cover and cook over low heat approximately 20 minutes or until set on top.
This was very good. I finished it under the broiler. I loved the combination of tomatoes, basil and cream cheese.