- 1 lb firm tofu, pressed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mash tofu with hands until crumbly.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Mash with hands until mixture reaches the consistency of ricotta cheese.
- Add olive oil; stir with fork.
- Add nutritional yeast and mix all ingredients well with fork.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.