Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Vegan with a Vengeance. Great substitute for dairy ricotta.
- 1 lb firm tofu, pressed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- In large bowl, mash tofu with hands until crumbly.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Mash with hands until mixture reaches the consistency of ricotta cheese.
- Add olive oil; stir with fork.
- Add nutritional yeast and mix all ingredients well with fork.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
I used this in stuffed shells and it came out great!
LOVE this recipe- we have Vegan with a Vengeance and made it with a vegan lasagna recipe. It made a tofu/vegan ultra-skeptic a tofu believer, to her dismay. Stands up well enough on its own spread on crackers and toasted bread as well.
Was blah so I added 2 more garlic cloves, black pepper, some Mrs. Dash and the flavor finally kicked in. I will make it again with the adaptions I made.