Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the many amazing recipes from Vegan with a Vengeance. Try this one on pizza, pasta, lasagna or in any other savory dish which requires ricotta cheese. Don't leave out the nutritional yeast! It gives the tofu it's cheesy flavor, and can be found in most health food stores if your local grocer doesn't carry it.
- 1 lb firm tofu, pressed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- In a large bowl, mush the tofu up with your hands until crumbly.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and basil. Mush with your hands again; squeeze through fingers until it reaches the consistency of ricotta, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, stir with a fork.
- Add the nutritional yeast and mix all ingredients well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.