Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever . Now this sounds good. I often am left wondering what I'm going to do with all the basil growing in the garden. What a great use for it. Please note: Cooking time is for steeping of the tea.
Top Review by Boomette
I made 1 serving only for me. The basil has a light taste with the tea. Both of them are perfect together. I really enjoyed it with just a little bit of milk. No sugar in my tea. Thanks Baby Kato :) Made for Photo tag game
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves (Tulsi Leaves)
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons tea leaves (Chai Patti, or 2 Tea Bags)
- sugar (your preference, Cheeni)
- milk (your preference, Doodh)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan bring water and basil leaves to boil.
- Lower the heat and allow to brew for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the tea leaves or tea bags and sugar to your taste and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and strain the tea into cups and add milk as per your taste.