Recipe by Sharon123
This is a basic syrup that can be used to make drinks, granitas, baked goods, etc. I like to pour a little in a glass and add club soda and ice! I found this in Southern Living magazine..
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil, stirring often, about 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add basil. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Pour into a glass jar, cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Remove basil and discard. Enjoy!
- Note: To make mint syrup, use mint in place of basil.